Established in spring 2009, the Zipperman Scholars Program is a competitive program designed to give freshman and sophomore pre-business majors additional exposure to MIS and job opportunities in the field.
The benefits of this program include:
- A $100 scholarship for the first semester and both semesters in the sophomore year
- Enrollment in a pre-business elective - MIS 295a: Zipperman Scholars colloquia
- Participation in real-world IT experiences
- Special gatherings with MIS faculty and distinguished Eller guests
- Opportunities to shadow executives and IT professionals
- Networking with business professionals, faculty, and students
- Opportunities for MIS-related internships
- Opportunities to participate in IT training programs
- A stronger professional resume
- Assistance for the admission process to the Eller College Professional Program
- Ability to be professionally admitted to the College with a double major
The Zipperman Program is generously supported by Walt Zipperman, president of DAZ Systems, Inc. DAZ Systems specializes in Oracle E-Business Suite and leverages industry experience to provide mission-critical business solutions to small and medium sized enterprises. With over 350 successful implementations, DAZ is the largest Oracle Partner in the Western US and provides a variety of proven methodologies and a staff of experienced Oracle professionals for its customer implementations.
Zipperman Scholars are required to participate in special activities and events each semester to maintain their status in the program.
What they're saying
Quotes from some of our Zipperman Scholars on the program
"MIS seemed like a boring major until I heard about all the cool things it does such as making security cameras and checking surveillance. I am now interested in majoring in MIS and helping companies secures their software and information."
“My time this semester with the Zipperman Scholars Program has been such a great experience for me … I find myself intrigued by the MIS department and very interested in it possibly being a part of my future … I am seriously considering the MIS major. I hope to learn more over the next two semesters and hopefully pursue a career that I will love.”
“As a student who is looking to double major in finance and management information systems, I felt reassured about my goals when Lance Hoopes mentioned (during his information security presentation) how many opportunities in the job market are for MIS professionals.”
“One thing I like about the Zipperman scholarship program is the access that we have to internships, jobs, and training.”