Earn an Undergraduate and a Master's Degree in Less Time
The Accelerated Master's Program (AMP) offers exceptional MIS undergraduate students the opportunity to earn both a bachelor's degree and master's degree in as few as 5 years.
Benefits of AMP is a streamlined MSMIS (Master's in MIS) application process and shorter MSMIS program duration.
A large portion of the MSMIS degree focuses on data analysis, teamwork, leadership, project management, customer service and underlying business theories, preparing individuals for professional work in Information Systems or Information Technology industries.
AMP applicants must
- Demonstrate the maturity necessary for success in an accelerated, highly competitive program.
- Plan to participate in summer internships following their junior and senior year.
- Complete Eller College's undergraduate degree requirements first before they are eligible to enroll into the Master’s MIS degree program.
Fulfill all pre-AMP application requirements
AMP applicants must have completed the following prior to submitting their AMP MSMIS application. The requirements are
- GPA 3.5
- Completed and received a satisfactory grade for
- MIS 331
Plus, at least two of these three courses
- MIS 307
- MIS 341
- MIS 301
In addition to the above, AMP candidate must complete the following
- Meet with an MIS faculty member, discuss the MSMIS program, and obtain a verbal recommendation agreement. (Whereas there is no "paper" form to fill out for this requirement, the MIS selection committee will be verifying this recommendation with the faculty member.)
- Meet with Mona Lopez (MIS Graduate academic advisor 520.626.0493 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to map out Graduate Plan of Study.
- Inform Kevin Lundeberg (UG MIS advisor) of their intent to apply to the AMP program.
After step one and all of it's requirements are completed and documented, applicants will complete the following
- Graduate College Application and payment of application fee.
AMP applicants will receive a MIS AMP authorization code that will needed and used during the Graduate application process. The authorization code will come from Mona Lopez in the MIS department after candidates complete all the steps in step one.
- Start your Graduate College application here. Make sure to select the "Management Information Systems (MS) Accelerated Master's Program Track" as your plan.
- Completion and submission of the 500 Level Petition.
The 500 level petition will require various signatures from representatives in the MIS department. Please allow time to secure these signatures before hand-submitting the document to the Graduate College.