Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems
Ph.D., University of California, San Diego
Areas of Expertise
- Business analytics
MIS 307 Business Data Communications
MIS 543 Business Data Communications & Networking
- Chen, W., Gu, B., Ye, Q., and Zhu, K. X. Measuring and Managing the Externality of Managerial Responses to Online Customer Reviews. Information Systems Research, forthcoming.
- Chen, W., Wei, X., and Zhu, K. X. (2018). Engaging Voluntary Contributions in Online Communities: A Hidden Markov Model. MIS Quarterly, 42(1), 83-100. [Journal][SSRN]
Awards, Honors, and Grants
- Co-PI, General Research Fund, The Research Grants Council of Hong Kong. (2018-2019)
- Best Paper Award in IT and Healthcare Track, and Best Paper Nominee for International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Seoul, Korea, Dec 10-13, 2017.
- Eller College Dean's Small Research Grant, Spring 2017
- Co-Investigator, National Science Foundation of China, Youth Science Foundation (2017-2019)
- Best Paper Award, The 10th China Summer Workshop on Information Management (CSWIM 2016), Dalian, China, June 25-26, 2016.
- Eller College Dean's Small Research Grant, Spring 2016
- ICIS Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Auckland, 2014
- Graduate Summer Teaching Scholar, UCSD, 2013
- Dean’s Fellowship for Summer Research, Rady School of Management, 2009-2015
- Rady Academic Year Fellowship, UCSD, 2009-2015
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- The American Economic Association (AEA)
- The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)