Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems
Ph.D., University of California, San Diego
Areas of Expertise
- Business analytics
- Digital marketing
MIS 307 Business Data Communications
MIS 543 Business Data Communications & Networking
- Chen, W., Wei, X., and Zhu, K. X. Engaging Voluntary Contributions in Online Communities: A Hidden Markov Model. MIS Quarterly, forthcoming.
- Wang, W., Chen, W., Zhu, K., and Wang, H. 2016. The Impact of Linguistic Persuasiveness on Successful Crowdfunding Campaigns: Evidence from Kickstarter. Management World (5) 81-95.
Awards and Honors
- Best Paper Award, The 10th China Summer Workshop on Information Management (CSWIM 2016), Dalian, China, June 25-26, 2016.
- Eller College Dean's Small Research Grant, Spring 2016
- ICIS Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Auckland, 2014
- Graduate Summer Teaching Scholar, UCSD, 2013
- Dean’s Fellowship for Summer Research, Rady School of Management, 2009-2015
- Rady Academic Year Fellowship, UCSD, 2009-2015
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- The American Economic Association (AEA)
- The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)