Anheuser-Busch Chair in MIS, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation
Professor of Management Information Systems
Director, INSITE: Center for Business Intelligence and Analytics
Ph.D., University of Illinois, 1985
Areas of Expertise
- Business Intelligence and web analytics
- Social media analytics
- Enterprise data management
- Data Provenance and semantic interoperability
MIS 531 Enterprise Data Management
MIS 587 Business Intelligence
MIS 586 Big Data Analytics
Publications (partial listing)
- Kunpeng Zhang, Sudha Ram, and Sid Bhattacharya, “Large Scale Network Analysis for Online Social Brand Advertising”, forthcoming in MIS Quarterly, Special Issue on Transformational Issues in Big Data and Analytics for Networked Business, 2015.
- Sudha Ram, Wenli Zhang, Max Williams and Yolande Pengetenze, “Predicting Asthma Related Emergency Department Visits Using Big Data”, Featured Article, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics”, Special issue on Big Data Analytics in Health Care, July 2015.
- Sudha Ram and Devi Bhattacharya, “RT @News: An Analysis of News Agency Ego Networks in a Micro-blogging Environment", in press, ACM Transactions on MIS, 2015.
- Yun Wang, and Sudha Ram, “Prediction of Location Based Sequential Purchasing Events Using Spatial, Temporal and Social Patterns”, in IEEE Intelligent Systems, Special Issue on Big Data and Predictive Analytics, May/June 2015 pp. 2-9.
- Sudha Ram, “Spurring Innovation Using Big Data Analytics: Directives and Examples from HealthCare”, forthcoming, Journal of Information technology Theory and Application, 2015.
- V. Khatri, Sudha Ram, R. Snodgrass, P Terenziani, “Differentiating Telic-Atelic Data Semantics in Conceptual Design”, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 3, 2014, pp. 528-548.
- Sabah Currim, Sudha Ram, Alexandra Durcikova, Faiz Currim, “Using a knowledge learning framework to predict errors in database design”, Information. Systems, 40, 2014, pp. 11-31
- Paolo Atzeni, Christian S. Jensen, Giorgio Orsi, Sudha Ram, Letizia Tanca, & Riccardo Torlone, “The relational model is dead, SQL is dead, and I don't feel so good myself”, SIGMOD Record 42(2), 2013, pp. 64-68.
- “iPlant Collaborative: Empowering a New Plant Biology”, funded by National Science Foundation, 2009-2013, $50,000,000
- Asymmetric Threat Response and Analysis Program (ATRAP) IV, funded by US Army, $1,790,664, September 2010-2012.
- “Measuring data Quality using Provenance”, funded by Science Foundation of Arizona, $540,000, September 2009-2012.
- ACM (Association for Computing Machinery)
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- INFORMS (The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences)
- AIS (Association for Information Systems)
Awards and Honors
- IBM Faculty Research Award, 2013
- Best paper award, WITS 2010 “Who Does What: Collaboration Patterns in the Wikipedia and their Impact on Data Quality”
- IBM Faculty Development Award, 2007
- UA Leading Edge Innovator in Research Award, 2007
- UA GPSC “Advisor of the Year”, 2006