MIS Department Head
Salter Distinguished Professor in Technology and Management
Ph.D., University of Rochester, 1991
Areas of Expertise
- Information technology evaluation
- Electronic markets
- On-Line auctions
- Database and datawarehousing technology and systems
- Database security and confidentiality protection
- Technology infrastructure
- Network design and performance
- Modeling of complex production and information systems
MIS 545 Data Mining for Business Intelligence
MIS 596A Special Topics in MIS
- "Bidding Behavior Evolution in Sequential Auctions: Characterization and Analysis", (with A. Tripathi and G. Karuga), accepted for publication in Management Information Systems Quarterly.
- "Live-Chat Agent Assignments to Heterogeneous e-Customers under Imperfect Classification," (with N. Ilk, J.L. Zhao, T.Wei), ACM Transactions in Management Information Systems, Volume 2 Issue 4, December 2011.
- "Evaluating Success Factors of Selling Practices in Electronic Marketplaces," (with A. Pereira, D. Duarte and W. Meira, Jr.), Int. J. Electronic Business, Vol. 9, Nos. 5/6, 2011
- "Computational Intelligence for Smart Markets: Individual Behavior and Preferences," IEEE Intelligent Systems, November-December 2011, 92-96.
- "A Finite Mixture Model to Examine and Predict B2B Electronic Payments System Adoption" (with J. Zhang, K.K. Wei and R. Bapna), Information Systems Research, 2011, 22:118-133.
- "Understanding Willingness to Pay Formation of Repeat Bidders in Online Sequential Auction", Information Systems Research, vol. 21, No. 9, December 2010 (with G. Karuga and A. Tripathi).
- "Semantic Enrichment Process: An Approach to Software Component Reuse in Modernizing Enterprise Systems," (with N. Ilk, L. Zhao and P. Hoffman), November 2010 Information Systems Frontiers.
- "The Design and Use of Information Preference Markets (I-PREFS) for Early Stage Emerging Technology Evaluation," (with C. Li, J. Marsden and J. Zhang), Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 26, No. 3, Winter 2009-10, 45-70.
- "Preference Markets for Innovation Identification and Selection," (with C. Li, J. Marsden and J. Zhang), Interfaces, Vol. 40, No. 2, March-April 2010.
- INFORMS -Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences
- INFORMS Information Systems Society and e-Business Cluster Member
- ACM - Association for Computing Machinery
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Delta Sigma Pi