Assistant Professor, Management Information Systems
Ph.D. in Public Policy and Management, Carnegie Mellon University, 2015
Areas of Expertise
- Privacy and behavioral economics
MIS 411/511 Social and Ethical Issues of the Internet
MIS 111L Computers and Internetworked Society Lab
- “Privacy and Human Behavior in the Information Age,” with Acquisti, A. and Loewenstein, G. (2015). Science, 347(6221): 509-514.
- “Would a privacy fundamentalist sell their DNA for $1000... if nothing bad happened thereafter? A studyof the Westin categories, behavioral intentions, and consequences,” with Woodruff, A., Pihur V., Acquisti,A., Consolvo, S., and Schmidt, L. (2014). Proceedings of the Tenth Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS, 27% acceptance rate), ACM New York, NY. IAPP SOUPS Privacy Award Winner.
- “Spiny CACTOS: OSN Users Attitudes and Perceptions Towards Cryptographic Access Control Tools,” with Balsa, E., Acquisti, A., Diaz, C., and Gürses, S. (2014). Proceedings of the Workshop on Usable Security (USEC).
- “Misplaced Confidences: Privacy and the Control Paradox,” with Acquisti, A. and Loewenstein, G. (2013). Social Psychological and Personality Science, 4(3): 340-347 (17% acceptance rate).
- “Sleights of Privacy: Framing, Disclosures, and the Limits of Transparency,” with Adjerid, I. Acquisti, A. and Loewenstein, G. (2013). Proceedings of the Ninth Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS, 29% acceptance rate), ACM New York, NY.
- “Is it the Typeset or the Type of Statistics? Disfluent Font and Self-Disclosure,” with Balebako, R., Pe’er,E., Cranor, L. F. and Acquisti, A. (2013). Proceedings of Learning from Authoritative Security Experiment Results (LASER, 35% acceptance rate), USENIX Association.
- “Gone in 15 Seconds: The Limits of Privacy Transparency and Control,” with Acquisti, A., Adjerid, I. (2013). IEEE Security & Privacy, 11(4): 72-74.
- “The Economics of Privacy,” with Acquisti, A. (2012). In Peitz, M. and Waldfogel, J. (Eds.), The Handbook of the Digital Economy, Oxford University Press, New York.
- Brandimarte L. (2004). “The optimal exchange rate regime choice towards EU accession. The case of Estonia.” Mondo Bancario, 4: 51-57.