The information below will list the requirements for admission into the Masters in MIS program.
- For domestic students a Bachelor's degree from an regionally accredited college or university. For international students an US comparable Bachelor's degree.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Copies of GMAT or GRE scores (uploaded during online application process)
- Official GMAT or GRE scores (test must have been taken within the last five years of intended term of enrollment. No score minimum)
- Copies of TOEFL scores (uploaded during online application process)
- Official TOEFL scores (for international applicants only who have not graduated from a U.S.A. institution. Test must have been taken within two years of the intended term of enrollment. Minimum score of 80 internet based testing)
- Copies of official transcripts/academic records (uploaded during online application process)
- Official transcripts/academic records (official documents needed ONLY after being admitted into program.)
- From a US institution: Final, official transcript showing degree awarded with conferred date
- From an international institution: Final, official transcripts/academic records showing degree awarded with conferred date and/or official degree/diploma certificate
More details here on accepted transcripts/academic records
- Resume which includes work experience with dates of employment (uploaded during online application process)
- Two letters of recommendation (uploaded during online application process)
- Completed Graduate College Application (including $75 processing payment)
- If you do not have a sufficient business background, you may be required to take up to two business courses. You will be informed of this requirement upon admittance.
- Before joining our program, students should have experience in computer and Web programming. Students should have knowledge and experience with (1) Java and (2) JSP and Servlets, PHP or .NET/J2EE. Knowledge of database connectivity via ODBC or JDBC is also recommended.
For ALL Masters programs
January 15th - for Fall of same year
The MIS department accepts applications year round. We will review all completed applications. Those received by the deadlines below (or next business day for deadlines falling on weekends or holidays) are given the highest priority. All others will be considered based on space availability.
If your preferred term has reached capacity, you will be automatically considered for the next term. Note that those interested in the Dual Degree program must apply separately to the Eller MBA program. Those interested in the MIS Entrepreneurship program must apply seperatley to the McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship.
When requesting official score reports, please use the following:
- GRE: 4832 (The University of Arizona)
- TOEFL: 4832 (The University of Arizona)
- GMAT: 4832 (The University of Arizona)
For additional information, please contact us.