Anheuser-Busch Chair in MIS, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Director, INSITE Center for Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Ph.D., University of Illinois, 1985
- MIS 531 Enterprise Data Management
- MIS 587 Business Intelligence
- Business Intelligence and web analytics
- Social media analytics
- Enterprise data management
- Data Provenance and semantic interoperability
Publications and Working Papers
- S.Velichety and S.Ram, "Examining Lists on Twitter to Uncover Relationships between Following, Membership and Subscription", forthcoming, Proceedings of the Mining Social Network Dynamics Workshop at WWW Conference, 2013.
- D. Bhattacharya and S. Ram, “Sharing News Articles Using 140 Characters: A Diffusion Analysis on Twitter”, Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Applications of Social Network Analysis (ASONAM 2012),
Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ASONAM.2012.170 , Publication Year: 2012 , Page(s) 966 – 971.
- D. Bhattacharya and S. Ram, “News Article Propagation on Twitter based on Network Measures: An exploratory Analysis”, Proceedings of WITS 2012.
- W. Wei and S. Ram, “Using a Network Analysis Approach for Organizing Social Bookmarks and Enabling Web Content Discovery”, ACM Transactions on MIS, Vol. 3, No. 3, October 2012.
- S. Ram and J. Liu, “A Semantic Foundation for Provenance Management”, Journal on Data Semantics, Vol 1, No. 1, May 2012, pp. 11-17.
- Faiz Currim, Sudha Ram, "Modeling Spatial and Temporal Set-based Constraints during Conceptual Database Design", Information Systems Research, March 2012, Vol 23, pp. 109-128.
- Velichety, S., and Ram, S. (2012). "Common Citation Analysis and Technology Overlap Factor: an Empirical Investigation of Litigated Patents Using Network Analysis", Design Science Research in Information Systems. Advances in Theory and Practice, Pages: 287–293.
- Jun Liu and S. Ram, “Who Does What: Collaboration Patterns in Wikipedia and Article Quality”, ACM Transactions on MIS, Vol. 2, Issue 2, June 2011, http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1985352
- Sudha Ram and Wei Wei, "Organizing Social Bookmarking Tags Using a Network Analysis Approach", Proceedings of 20th Workshop on Information Technology and Systems (WITS2010), St. Louis, MO, December 2010.
- Sudha Ram and Wei Wei, "How Social is Social Bookmarking", Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Business Applications of Social Networking (BASNA 2010), available from IEEE Xplore, Bangalore, India, December 2010.
- Sudha Ram and Wei Wei, " FASTS: Facets Structured Tag Space—A Novel Approach to Organize and Reuse Social Bookmarking Tags", Proceedings of DESRIST 2010, St. Gallen, in Global Perspectives on Design Science Research Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 6105/2010, pp. 426-438, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-13335-0_29, 2010, 2010.
- Sudha Ram and Jun Liu, "Provenance Management in BioSciences", Proceedings of the Workshop on Conceptual Modeling for Life Sciences (CMLSA 2010), Vancouver, BC, Canada, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 6413 Springer 2010, ISBN 978-3-642-16384-5, November 2010.
- Ying Liu, Sudha Ram, Robert F. Lusch, Michael Brusco, "Multicriterion Market Segmentation: A New Model, Implementation, and Evaluation", Marketing Science, Vol. 29, No. 5, September-October 2010, pp. 880-894 DOI: 10.1287/mksc.1100.0565.
- Jun Liu and Sudha Ram "Who Does What: Collaboration Patterns in the Wikipedia and their Impact on Data Quality", Proceedings of the Workshop on Information technology and Systems, Phoenix, Dec. 2009 – this paper received the "Overall best paper" award and also a lot of press coverage since December 2009.
- Sudha Ram, Jun Liu, "A New Perspective on the Semantics of Data Provenance", Proceedings of International Workshop on the role of Semantic Web in Provenance Management, Washington DC, October 2009.
- Huimin Zhao and Sudha Ram, “Entity matching across heterogeneous data sources: An approach based on constrained cascade generalization”, Data and Knowledge Engineering, Vol. 66, No. 3, September, 2008, pp. 368-381.
- Huimin Zhao and Sudha Ram, “Combining Schema and Instance Information for combining Heterogeneous Data Sources", Data and Knowledge Engineering, 61, No. 2, 2007, pp. 281-303.
- Huimin Zhao and Sudha Ram, "Entity Identification for Heterogeneous Database Integration - A Multiple Classifier System Approach and Empirical Evaluation", Information Systems, Vol. 30, No. 2, April 2005, pp. 119-132
- Huimin Zhao and Sudha Ram, "Constrained Cascade Generalization of Decision Trees: How deep to go?", IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol 16, No. 6, June 2004, pp. 727-739
Recent Research Grants
- “iPlant Collaborative: Empowering a New Plant Biology”, funded by National Science Foundation, 2009-2013, $50,000,000
- Asymmetric Threat Response and Analysis Program (ATRAP) IV, funded by US Army, $1,790,664, September 2010-2012. URL:
- “Measuring data Quality using Provenance”, funded by Science Foundation of Arizona, $540,000, September 2009-2012.
- ACM (Association for Computing Machinery)
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- AIS (Association for Information Systems)
Awards and Honors
- IBM Faculty Research Award, 2013
- Best paper award, WITS 2010 “Who Does What: Collaboration Patterns in the Wikipedia and their Impact on Data Quality”
- IBM Faculty Development Award, 2007
- UA Leading Edge Innovator in Research Award, 2007
- UA GPSC “Advisor of the Year”, 2006