Salter Distinguished Professor in Technology and Management
- Ph.D., University of Rochester, 1991
- MIS 545 Data Mining for Business Intelligence
- MIS 596a Special Topics in MIS
- Information technology evaluation
- Electronic markets
- On-Line auctions
- Database and datawarehousing technology and systems
- Database security and confidentiality protection
- Technology infrastructure
- Network design and performance
- Modeling of complex production and information systems
- "Bidding Behavior Evolution in Sequential Auctions: Characterization and Analysis", (with A. Tripathi and G. Karuga), accepted for publication in Management Information Systems Quarterly.
- "Live-Chat Agent Assignments to Heterogeneous e-Customers under Imperfect Classification," (with N. Ilk, J.L. Zhao, T.Wei), ACM Transactions in Management Information Systems, Volume 2 Issue 4, December 2011.
- "Evaluating Success Factors of Selling Practices in Electronic Marketplaces," (with A. Pereira, D. Duarte and W. Meira, Jr.), Int. J. Electronic Business, Vol. 9, Nos. 5/6, 2011
- "Computational Intelligence for Smart Markets: Individual Behavior and Preferences," IEEE Intelligent Systems, November-December 2011, 92-96.
- "A Finite Mixture Model to Examine and Predict B2B Electronic Payments System Adoption" (with J. Zhang, K.K. Wei and R. Bapna), Information Systems Research, 2011, 22:118-133.
- "Understanding Willingness to Pay Formation of Repeat Bidders in Online Sequential Auction", Information Systems Research, vol. 21, No. 9, December 2010 (with G. Karuga and A. Tripathi).
- "Semantic Enrichment Process: An Approach to Software Component Reuse in Modernizing Enterprise Systems," (with N. Ilk, L. Zhao and P. Hoffman), November 2010 Information Systems Frontiers.
- "The Design and Use of Information Preference Markets (I-PREFS) for Early Stage Emerging Technology Evaluation," (with C. Li, J. Marsden and J. Zhang), Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 26, No. 3, Winter 2009-10, 45-70.
- "Preference Markets for Innovation Identification and Selection," (with C. Li, J. Marsden and J. Zhang), Interfaces, Vol. 40, No. 2, March-April 2010.
- "Overlapping Liquidation Auctions: Empirical Characterization of Bidder Strategies and Auction Prices" (with S-J Chang, R. Bapna and A. Gupta), Management Information Systems Quarterly Vol. 33, No.4 December 2009, 763-783.
- "Reactivity Based Model to Study Online Auctions Dynamics," Information Technology and Management (with F. Mourao, A. Pereira, L. Rocha and W. Meira), Vol 10, No1, March 2009, 21-37.
- "A Cost Base Range Estimation for Mapping Top-K Selection Queries over Relational Databases", (with A. Ayanso and K. Mehta), Journal of Database Management, vol. 20, no. 4, October 2009, 1-25.
- "Auctioning Vertically Integrated Online Services: Computational Approaches for Real-Time Allocation" (with R. Bapna and A. Gupta), Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 25, No. 3, Winter 2008-2009, 10-64.
- "Online Auctions Hidden Metrics: Understanding Unsuccessful Auction Transactions," (with. Y. Tu and Y.A. Tung), Communications of the ACM, April 2008, vol. 52, no.4, 147-149.
- "Predicting Bidders' Willingness to Pay in Online Multi-Unit Ascending Auctions: Analytical and Empirical Insights," INFORMS Journal on Computing, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 345-355, Summer (2008) (with R. Bapna, A. Gupta and G. Karuga).
- More here.
Refereed Conference Papers
- Bidders' Attrition in Online Sequential Auctions, WITS 2010 – Workshop on Information Technology and Systems, December 2010 (with A. Tripathi)
- Live-chat Agent Assignments in Two-Class e-Customer Queues under Imprecise Profiling, WITS 2010 – Workshop on Information Technology and Systems, December 2010, (with N. Ilk and L. Zhao)
- Individual Buyer – Bidding Strategies in Sequential Auctions, WITS 2010 – Workshop on Information Technology and Systems, December 2010 (with A. Tripathi)
- A Framework to Support Service-oriented Architecture Investment Decision, ICIS 2010 – International Conference on Information Systems December 2010 (with N. Ilk and L. Zhao)
- PEREIRA, Adriano Cesar Machado ; DUARTE, D. ; MEIRA JR, Wagner ; ALMEIDA, V. ; GOES, P. . Analyzing seller practices in a Brazilian marketplace. In: WWW 09: 18th international conference on World Wide Web, 2009, Madrid. Proceedings of the 18th international conference on World Wide Web (WWW'09), 2009.
- PEREIRA, Adriano Cesar Machado ; DUARTE, D. ; MEIRA JR, Wagner ; GOES, P. . Selling Practices in Online Fixed-price Marketplaces. In: IEEE SAINT - Symposium on Applications and the Internet, 2009, Seattle, US. Proceedings of the 9th IEEE Annual International Symposium on Applications and the Internet, 2009.
- PEREIRA, Adriano Cesar Machado ; DUARTE, D. ; MEIRA JR, Wagner ; GOES, P. . Assessing success factors of selling practices in electronic marketplaces. In: ACM Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems, 2009, Lyon. Proc. of MEDES 09: International ACM Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems. Paris : ACM France, 2009. p. 261-268.
- ROCHA, L. ; PEREIRA, Adriano Cesar Machado ; Mourão, Fernando ; SILVA, A. ; MEIRA JR, Wagner ; GOES, P. . Evaluating Longitudinal Aspects of Online Bidding Behavior. In: Fourth International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies, 2008, Funchal. Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies, 2008. v. 2. p. 423-430.
- PEREIRA, Adriano Cesar Machado ; ROCHA, L. ; Mourão, Fernando ; MEIRA JR, Wagner ; GOES, P. . Reactivity in Online Auctions: Understanding Bidding Behavior through Reactive Transitions. In: 10th IEEE Conference on E-Commerce Technology (IEEE CEC' 08), 2008, Washington. Proc. of the 10th IEEE Conference on E-Commerce Technology (IEEE CEC' 08). Los Alamitos, CA : IEEE Computer Society Press, 2008. p. 279-284.
- SILVA, A. ; GUERRA, P. H. C. ; PEREIRA, Adriano Cesar Machado ; Mourão, Fernando ; MEIRA JR, Wagner ; GOES, P. . A Seller's Perspective Characterization Methodology for Online Auctions. In: International Conference on Electronic Commerce (ICEC'08), 2008, Innsbruck. Proc. of the International Conference on Electronic Commerce (ICEC'08), 2008.
- "Information Quality and Customer Acquisition: a Risk Management Approach for Record Matching," WITS 2008 – Workshop on Information Technology and Systems, Paris, France, December (2008) (with P. Alirezazadeh and F. Boylu)
- More here.
- “Stochastic Models for Database Recovery Control” in Recovery Mechanisms in Database Systems” eds. Kumar, V. and Hsu, M., Prentice-Hall, 1998.
Articles Under Review
- “When Is the Right Time to Refresh Knowledge Discovered from Data?” (with X. Fang and O. Sheng)
- “Extended Forward Looking Statements: Recognition and Economic Implications,” (with H. Lu, H. Chen, T. Chen and S. Li)
- “Product Comparison Networks for Competitive Analysis of Online Word-of-Mouth,” (with C. Guo and Z. Zhang)
- "Optimal Identity Matching via Statistical Estimation and Information Acquisition,” (with P. Alirezazadeh, F. Boylu, R. Garfinkel and R. Gopal)
- “Characterization and Analysis of Participation in a Crowd Sourcing Expert Platform” (with M. Lin and C. Guo)
- “Understanding Information Unraveling in Online Labor Markets” (with M. Lin)
- “Impact of Social Position on Online Reviews”, (with M. Lin)
- “Understanding, Tracking and Evaluating Innovation Ecosystems” (with R. Lusch)
- “A Framework for Assessing the Value of Service-oriented Architecture Investments” (with N. Ilk and L. Zhao)
- An Ontology-based Approach to Software Component Reuse in SOA Services Development,” (with N. Ilk and L. Zhao)
- “Reactivity in Online Auctions”, (with A. Pereira, W. Meira and M. Zaki)
- “Seller Heterogeneity in Electronic Marketplaces: An Exploratory Study” (with Y. Tu and A.
- “An Empirical Study on Sellers’ Behavior in Online Auctions” (with Y. Tu and A. Tung)
- “Effective Selling Strategies in Electronic Marketplaces: A Data Mining Approach” (with Y. Tu and A. Tung)
- “Comparative Studies of Multi-Unit Online Auctions: an Experimental Approach” (with R. Bapna, C. Li and S. Rice)
- INFORMS -Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences
- INFORMS Information Systems Society and e-Business Cluster Member
- ACM - Association for Computing Machinery
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Delta Sigma Pi