- Ph.D., University of Maryland, College Park, 2010
- MIS 478 Project Management
- MIS513 Business Foundations for IT
- Online markets (peer-to-peer lending, and online labor markets)
- Networks in social media
- IT & Entrepreneurship
- Paulo Goes, Mingfeng Lin and Albert Au Yeung. "Popularity Effect" in User-Generated Contents: Evidence from Online Product Reviews." Forthcoming, Information Systems Research.
- Mingfeng Lin, Hank Lucas, and Galit Shmueli (2013). "Too Big to Fail: Large Samples and the p-Value Problem." Information Systems Research. 24(4), pp.906-917.
- ingfeng Lin, N.R. Prabhala, and Siva Viswanathan (2013). "Judging Borrowers by the Company They Keep: Friendship Networks and Information Asymmetry in Online Peer-to-Peer Lending." Management Science. 59 (1), pp.17-35.
- "Can Social Networks Mitigate Information Asymmetry in Online Markets?" with Professors Siva Viswanathan and N. Prabhala, Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Information Systems, Phoenix, Arizona, US (Refereed). Nominated for Best Conference Paper award.
- "Peer-to-peer Lending: An Empirical Investigation", published in the Proceedings of the 2009 America’s Conference on Information Systems, San Francisco, California, US (Refereed)
- "Bidder Migration," with Wolfgang Jank, published in the Proceedings of the 2008 America’s Conference on Information Systems, Toronto, Canada (Refereed)
- Co-investigator, Natural National Science Foundation of China Grant (PIs: Guoqing Chen and Hsinchun Chen) (2012)
- McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship, Small Research Grant (2011)
- NET Institute Summer Research Grant, Net Institute, New York University Stern School of Business (2010)
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Entrepreneurship Dissertation Fellowship Grant (2009)
- Economic Club of Washington Doctoral Fellowship Grant, (2009)
- Research Grant on Social Value Creation, Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, (2009)
- Paine Award for Academic Excellence, Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, College Park; May 2010
- Nominated for Best Conference Paper Award at the 2009 International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS)
- Best Doctoral Student Paper Award, Conference on Information Systems and Technology (INFORMS-CIST), San Diego, CA, October 2009
- Association for Information Systems
- American Economic Association