Eller Professor of MIS
- Ph.D., University of Maryland at College Park, Management Science
- MIS 473a/573a and MIS 473b/573b Production and Operations Management
- MIS 696D Models for Quantitative Anaylsis
- Cooperative game theory
- Cost allocation in inventory and supply chain management
- Applied combinatorial optimization in transportation, logistics and manufacturing
- Intelligent solution systems for operations scheduling
Publications and Working Papers
Dror, M., G. Steiner, (2010). ’Strong’-‘Weak’
Scheduling: Extensions to Series-parallel Orders, Discrete Applied Mathematics 158, 1767-1776
- Dror, M., K. Smith, C. Yano, (2009). Deux Chemicals, Inc Goes Just-in-Time, Interface 39, 516-526.
- Dror, M., L.A. Guardiola, A. Meca, and J. Puerto, (2008). “Realization Games in Newsvendor Inventory Centralization”, I.J. of Game Theory 37, 139-153
- Burke, E.K., M. Dror, and J.B. Orlin, (2008). “A Note on Scheduling Malleable Tasks with Interdependent Processing Rates: Comments and Observations”, Discrete Applied Mathematics 156(5), 620-626.
- Dror, M. and J.B. Orlin, (2007). “Combinatorial Optimization with Explicit Delineation of the Ground Set by Collection of Subsets”, SIAM J. on Discrete Mathematics, 21(4), 1019-1034.
- Dror, M. and B.C. Hartman, (2007). “Shipment Consolidation: Who Is Going to Pay for it and How Much?”, Management Science 53(1), 78-87
- Bompadre, A., M. Dror, and J.B. Orlin, (2007). “Probabilistic Analysis of Equal Demand Vehicle Routing Problem”, Journal of Applied Probability, 44(1), 259-278
- Dror, M., Y. Lee, J. Orlin, and V. Polishchuk, (2006). “The Metric TSP and the Sum of its Marginal Values”, I. J. of Computational Geometry & Applications 16(4), 333-343
- Bompadre, A., M. Dror, and J.B. Orlin, (2006). “Improved Bounds for Split Delivery”, Discrete Optimization 3(4): 299-316
- Hartman, B.C., M. Dror, and M. Shaked, (2000). "Cores of Inventory Centralization Games", Games and Economic Behavior 31, 26-49
- Dror, M., G. Finke, S. Gravier, and W. Kubiak, (1999). "On the Complexity of a Restricted List-Coloring Problem”, Discrete Mathematics 195, 103-109
- Krings A.W. and M. Dror, (1999). “Real-Time Dispatching: Scheduling Stability and Precedence”, I.J. of Foundations of Computer Science 10, 313-327
- Dror, M., (1998). "Chains and Trees: 'Strong'-'Weak' Orders in Job Scheduling”, ORDER 14, 3:211-228
- Invited Speaker, DOMinant 3-day workshop on Inventory Routing and Fleet-Size-and-Mix problems, Molde University, Oslo, Norway, Sep. 2009.
- Plenary Speaker, Conference on Scheduling: Theory and Applications (MISTA 2009) iv, “‘Strong’ - ‘Weak’ Precedence in Job Scheduling”, Dublin, Ireland, August 2009.
- Invited Tutorial, INFORMS Western Regional Conference 2009, “Cooperative and Mixed Inventory Games”, Tempe, Arizona, April 2009.
- Plenary Speaker, International Symposium on Combinatorial Optimization (CO 2008), “Another Look at Euclidian TSP and Packing: ‘This’ Almost Never Happens”, University of Warwick, U.K, March 2008.
- Conference Co-Chair - Behavioral and Quantitative Game Theory: Conference on Future Direction, 2010.
- American Mathematical Society, Invited Reviewer: Mathematical Reviews, (2008 – present)
- Editorial Board: Memetic Computing (2007 – present)
- Associate Editor: TOP (Trabajos de Investigacion Operativa) – Journal of Spanish Statistical and Operations Research Society, (2006 - present)
- Editorial Board: Decision Making in Manufacturing and Services (2006 - present)
- Associate Editor: Journal of Scheduling (2003 - present)
- Editorial Board: IIE Transactions on Operations Engineering, (1993-97, 2005 - present)
- Editorial Board: IIE Transactions on Scheduling & Logistics, (2007 - present)
- Editorial Board: Foundation of Computing & Decision Sciences (1991 - present)
- Institute for Operations Research & Management Science (INFORMS)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- International Society of Dynamic Games (ISDG)
- Member of EPSRC Peer Review College, Swindon, UK, (2006 - present)
Awards and Honors
- Chinese Academy of Sciences International Collaboration Award, 2005
- Distinguished Doctoral Graduate, Allan N. Nash Award, Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, College Park, 2004
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) Fellowship, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 2002-2003