Jesse C. Bockstedt
- MS Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2004
- Ph.D. Business Administration (Information Systems concentration) University of Minnesota, 2008
MIS 543 Business Data Communications and Networking
- Behavioral Economic Issues in Technology-mediated Environments
- Electronic Commerce
- Economics of the Internet
- Online Consumer Behavior
- Technology Evolution
Publications and Working Papers
- “The Framing Effects of Multipart Pricing on Consumer Purchasing Behavior of Customized Information Good Bundles,” K.H. Goh and J.C. Bockstedt, forthcoming, Information Systems Research, accepted May 2012.
- “Seller strategies for differentiations in highly competitive online auction markets,” J.C. Bockstedt and K.H. Goh, Journal of MIS, 28(3), Winter 2011-12.
- “Modeling the supply-side dynamics in IT components, products, and infrastructure: An empirical analysis using vector autoregression,” G. Adomavicius, J.C. Bockstedt, A Gupta, forthcoming in Information Systems Research, 23(2) 397-417.
- “Structural Analysis of a Business Enterprise,” Y.T. Leung and J.C. Bockstedt, Service Science, 1(3), Fall 2009.
- “Making Sense of Technology Trends in the IT Landscape: A Design Science Approach for Developing Constructs and Methodologies in IT Ecosystems Analysis,” G. Adomavicius, J.C. Bockstedt, A. Gupta, R.J. Kauffman, MIS Quarterly, 32 (4), December 2008 (dissertation paper).
- “C-TREND: Temporal Cluster Graphs for Identifying and Visualizing Trends in Multi-Attribute Transactional Data,” G. Adomavicius, J.C. Bockstedt, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 20 (6), June 2008 (dissertation paper).
- “Understanding Evolution in Technology Ecosystems,” G. Adomavicius, J.C. Bockstedt, A. Gupta, R.J. Kauffman, Communications of the ACM, 51 (10), October, 2008.
- “Technology Roles in an Ecosystem Model of Technology Evolution,” G. Adomavicius, J.C. Bockstedt, A. Gupta, R.J. Kauffman, Information Technology and Management, 8 (2), Spring 2007.
- “The Move to Artist-Led Online Music Distribution: A Theory-Based Assessment and Prospects for Structural Changes in the Digital Music Market,” J.C. Bockstedt, R.J. Kauffman, F. Riggins, International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 10 (3), Spring 2006.
- MBA Faculty of the Year Award, George Mason University, School of Management, 2010
- Best Practitioner Paper, Frontiers in Service Conference, Washington DC, October 2008, with Ying Tat Leung (IBM Research) and Wolfgang Koenig (Goethe University Frankfurt).