David E. Pingry
McClelland Professor of MIS
- Ph.D., Purdue University, 1971
- MIS 425/525 Models for Decision Support
- MIS 505 IT Strategy
- MIS 688 Project Execution and Presentation
- Evaluation and management of information
- Decision support systems
- Economics of patent policy
Publications and Working Papers
- “Optimal Policy for Software Patents: Model and Comparative Implications.” (with Matt E. Thatcher) Journal of Management Information Systems, Volume 26, Number 3, Winter 2009-2010, pp.103-133.
- “A Learning Model of Information Technology Outsourcing: Normative Implications” (with Hoon S. Cha and Matt E Thatcher), Journal of Management Information Systems, Volume 26, Number 2, 2009, pp. 147-176.
- “What Determines IT Spending Priorities” (with Hoon Cha and Matt E. Thatcher), Communications of the ACM, Volume 52 , Issue 8, August 2009, pp. 105-110.
- “Managing the Knowledge Supply Chain: An Organizational Learning Model of Information Technology Offshore Outsourcing” (with Hoon S. Cha and Matt E. Thatcher), Management Information Systems Quarterly, Volume 32, Number 2, June 2008, Pages 281-306.
- "Software Patents – The Good, the Bad, and the Messy" (with Matt E. Thatcher), Communications of the ACM, Volume 50, Issue 10, October 2007, Pages 47 – 52.
- "Modeling the ‘IT Value Paradox’” (with Matt E. Thatcher), Communications of the ACM, Volume 50, Number 8, August 2007, Pages 41-45 .
- "Welfare Analysis of Alternative Patent Policies for Software Innovations" (with Matt Thatcher and Taeha Kim), Decision Support Systems, Volume 41, May 2006, pp 803-823.